Thursday, November 17, 2011

What Happens When There's No Thanksgiving

Last night I went to eat at Village Market in the Gigiri neighborhood of Nairobi with my friends Dave and Jojo.  It's a fairly large shopping center, but fairly low profile from the outside.  Except not last night. 

Village Market's got a bad case of the Christmases.  And it's only mid-November.

We stepped out of the taxi, blinded by the thousands of lights that had miraculously descended on every surface of Village Market.  I popped my sunglasses on and enjoyed my dinner, but not until after I got some pictures.



Disappointingly, I seem to have missed the tree lighting ceremony last weekend.  Next year!  I'll mark my calender for a weekend in late October.

I guess this finally explains the recent rolling brownouts in Nairobi at least?

No comments:

Post a Comment